Low Cost Solvent Evaporator for Kuderna-Danish Flasks
The mechanical thermostat 5 position S-EVAP-KD (Cat# 12037) can evaporate up to 5 samples at once with a capacity of up to 500 ml at each sample position. Glassware sets can be purchased for individual solvent collection (Cat# GS2153), or central solvent collection (Cat#GS2153-C with Cat# GS2156-C5).
Smaller glassware accommodating up to 250 ml can be purchased for individual solvent collection (Cat# GS2152), or central solvent collection (Cat# GS2152-C with Cat# GS2156-C5). Smaller glassware is accommodated with the use adapter rings (Cat# XA2284).
- Solvent recovery: recover up to 97% of starting solvent volume with individual or central solvent collection
- Conserves valuable bench space: all samples are arranged in a circle
- Easy sample access: the instrument rotates allowing all samples to be accessed from the front
- Fewer connections: one water supply line in, one drain line out
- Protects delicate samples: Organomation vacuum insulated concentrator tubes keep delicate samples safe
- Gentle concentration: water bath is gentler than jacketed concentration tubes in traditional KD set-up
- Condenser holder assembly for solvent recovery condensers
- Flow meter and rigid supply tube for condenser water supply
- Condenser water supply/drain manifold connects to a bench cold-water tap, or a refrigerated water chiller for improved control of condenser temperature and water conservation
- Parallel water supply/drain manifolds with quick disconnect tube fittings
- Bath temperature range 30°C - 100°C
- Evaporate solvents with boiling points up to 65°C
- Mechanical thermostat temperature control +/- 2°C
- Intrinsically safe type Z purged bath (Option Code -Z)
- 240V wiring and plug (Option Code -2)
- Reduced height system, 32 inches tall for KD flasks/deep bath
- Digital electronic temperature control +/- .5°C (Option Code -CB)
To learn more about this unit’s available configurations and optional features, please click here.